15 July 2017
The studio resident artists of The Number Shop present MELON, a showcase of new emerging contemporary art made in-house
Themes such as nationalism and border control, superheroes, digital landscapes and super-tasters are approached with a variety of practices such as archival sound and video, graphic design, expanded photography, large scale painting, performance video and sculptural installations.
SLICE 1 PREVIEW, MELON PROGRAMME LAUNCH FRIDAY, July 28 from 7 – 9pm.
- Slice 1: Theo Cleary and Nick Wood. Preview, Friday, July 28. Open Saturday, July 29 – Thursday, August 3.
- Slice 2: Flo Gordon and Joe Coghill. Open Saturday, July 5 – Thursday, July 10.
- Slice 3: Natalie Doyle and Alessandro Di Massimo. Open Saturday, July 12 – Thursday, July 17.
- Slice 4: Beck Tait and Lewis Matheson. Preview, Friday, July 18. Open Saturday, July 19 – Thursday, July 24.
- Slice 5: Iain Sommerville and Fiona Beveridge. Preview, Friday, July 25. Open Saturday, July 26 – Sunday, August 3.
- ‘Friends of TNS’ talks Wednesday, August 9, 7 – 9pm. The third iteration of presentations/talks where TNS residents invite local creatives and artists to present their practices, current research or creative business.
- TNS Art fair featuring Crisps – Zines and Comics shop, Wednesday, August 16.
- Emerged Artist talk – Wednesday, August 23 – TBA.
Open Saturday – Thursday, 1 – 6pm daily. Closed Friday daytimes for install.